Wednesday, 31 May 2017

In Times Of Heartache And Tragedy

There are many moments where I am lost for words and brought to tears.  However right now I’m not consumed with happiness, rather the opposite being sadness. 

Growing up, I would see conflict on the tv and not understood what it meant.  Now as I’m older, it pains me to see all this conflict.  It’s not as simple as wishing people would just be kind to one and other.  That would just be too simple and easy.  Life just doesn’t work like that and accepting that is horrible but you have to do it.

We live in a world which isn’t all sunshine and daisies.  I am more and more wishing I was back being a little kid, being blissfully unaware of the heartache and tragedy that our world was experiencing.

It’s weird how days of tragedy they stick right in your mind, as clear as day.  It was pouring with rain, I’d received two really awesome bits of news but I also remember how I felt when I read what happened in Manchester.  I felt sick.  Truly sick and started crying.


I have no words in these sort of situations.  I’d tweet something out but really what good does that do?  I’m on the other side of the world and so wish I could go and help but all I could do was tweet a few things and just hope nothing else happened.

Like Ellen DeGeneres says, be kind to one and other.  It doesn’t cost anything to be kind.  Smile, say thank you, brightens someones day.  There is enough heartache and tragedy going around and a little bit of positivity won’t do any harm.

There is a silver lining, if you could say that.  In times of tragedy like this you see how kind the world can be.  People offering their homes, business and what not for places of shelters - they’re not The Avengers but they’re heroes for lending a helping hand.  There can be such beauty in our world in times of tragedy. 

Sending love all around the world xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx