Monday, 12 June 2017

A June Long Weekend

Today is a long weekend to celebrate it being the Queen's Birthday.  I had huge plans for this long weekend and let me just say not everything went to plan!!


On Saturday, my hair was going to get come tlc!  I've gotten so used to having shoulder length/short hair that I want to keep it at this length so was in need for a bit of a chop!  And the colour I had in my hair also needed a bit of a touch up so I was looking forward to have a bit of a freshen up!  It was one of those occassions where things didn't exactly go to plan and I left the salon going, I have just spent all morning sitting here and my hair isn't really what I was expecting it to be.  Now my hair I still love and it's nice to be back to a dark brunette but things could have gone a lot worse hahah

I don't think my nose and head was prepared for the smell of all the hair products though.  When we left the salon, I had one of the worst headaches I think I've had in a while and all I wanted to do was lie down and have a nap.  So I bought a really healthy and rich chocolate drink and had that when I got home!  And then after that it was straight into some comfy clothes and into bed for me.  It was early afternoon, and I was thinking I'd have a little nap and wake up and get on with the plans I had made for the day.  Er nope!  I woke up at 5:30pm thinking it was 7:30pm and thinking that I'd missed out on tea.....  Definitely one of those occassions where you have a nap and wake up feeling like you're in another dimension!

And as soon as I woke up, I smelt all the hair products and my headache was back again.  So I was in a fab mood now hahahhaha

Sunday, I woke up thinking right this is my day!  And I spent the day watching MasterChef.  I got very hungry and ended up doing HIIT style exercise moves in the commercial breaks which I'm happy with but far out they have some delicious food on that show!  Oh I wish my cooking skills were at their standard because oh the food envy!!!

So Sunday was a bit of a waste.


And now to Monday!

I had oats for breakfast and it reminded me how much we need some fruit.  I don't add any extra sugar into my meals (I'm trying to cut it out and just reduce how much I'm eating) and while I was using almond milk, it just needed something else!  I put a small bit of honey in and far outtttttt - it was sweet!!  From not eating honey in months to having a small amout, it was like the sweetness was intensified!  I wasn't a fan but I know I would have preferred it to sugar!

I went for a drive with mum before lunch and I'm so proud of myself!  I've passed a test so I'm onto another stage of my learners licence and it's now a case of getting my hours up so I can go for my P's test!!  The earliest I can do that test is March next year but I'm in such a better headspace for driving :)

If only I could win the lotto now so I could get myelf a car hahahah

For the rest of Monday, will be spent in my bedroom doing all the stuff I wanted to do earlier in this long weekend.  Moving drawings around, de-cluttering, finishing off some crafty things (which I've put off for a few weeks now) and just making my bedroom all cosy for the colder months :)

I hope you all had a lovely weekend, whatever you got up to!  Let me know how the weekend went for you :)
I'll also be listening to Katy Perry's new album, Witness!  I've been waiting for this for ages and can't wait to listen to the entire album!  Have you listened to it yet?  What are your thoughts?

Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx

PS!  Come and say hello!!! :) x

6 comments:

  1. Oooh I deffo need to give Katy's new album a listen! Hope you have a great week xx

    Lucy | lucy-cole.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am loving it! Definitely going to be picking up a copy of it when I'm in town! Hope you have a lovely weekend as well!! Em xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a great weekend, this post actually reminded me that I haven't had oats for breakfast in ages!

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite nice :) definitely a good weekend! I think I'll be having oats for breakfast more often, especially in the colder months of the year :) Em xx

      Delete
  3. Sometimes you just need to do nothing on a long weekend! Some of my favourite long weekends are spent doing nothing ;) The smells of the hair care products give me a headache too, so I feel your pain :( x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just need to let myself have a break and not get worked up when a day doesn't go to plan hahah oh it was horrible! The smell itself wasn't that bad but there was just too much of it :/ Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx