Monday, 24 July 2017

10 Thoughts I Have While Driving

I am a newbie to driving.  I saw newbie, but I've been driving for years.  And also avoiding driving for years because confidence and driving a car sometimes just don't match and I would think up any excuse under the sun to get out of having to drive.

However.  Guess who is driving now?!  ME!  Celebratory music and about times!


Driving can be scary and especially as a learner.  You're going slower than other drivers because it's the law and no one wants to get suspended and because you're not able to go at the full speed limit, you tend to come across a lot of annoyed drivers who clearly can't remember the distance they're meant to maintain while driving behind you.

It's a minimum of 2 seconds in Australia, fun fact!

I have many thoughts as it is but driving there are a whole heap of new ones, so without further ado....

Could you get any closer?  I know I'm a great driver and you just must want to get close to see how I drive but could you not??

I won't go any faster.  There are speed limits and I don't want to lose my license so I'm sorry but I'm going to stick at the speed limit!  And it doesn't matter how angry you get I won't go any faster!

Why aren't the traffic lights in my favour?  Some days you just hit every bloomin red light.  not physically hitting them because imagine the damage but something getting a clean run of green lights is the most satisfying thing

Please let the roundabout be clear!  Roundabouts and me (when I'm an a manual car) are not my favourite things.  I reckon I'd be fine now in a manual because I'm a more confident driver but ugh you need people to actually use their indicators so you know where they want to go!!  Or if the roundabout could just be all clear so you don't have to get frazzled that would be fab!

Seriously, if you get any closer you could join in on this conversation.  I immensely dislike people who tailgate.  Learner drivers have to put up with so much crap with other driving getting right up in their business and it's like other people have forgotten that they themselves where once a learner driver.  Just give us some spaceee!

Is that bird going to move out of the way?  When our bird pals just chill on the road and you're like are you going to hop out of the way because this is getting awkward and I don't want to have it on my conscious that I've startled or done anything worse to said bird.  Speaking of wildlife and roads...  How nervewracking is it when cats and dogs just run out onto the road?  Or if you're doing a night drive on a country road and you turn a corner and there is a massive bull just standing there.  True story and I'm so glad I've got control of mu movements because that bull looked menacing!

I do no have road rage thank you.  I never used to think I'd have road rage but wow has a sassy Emma emerged since she's been driving hahahah Most of the time it's kept internal and I'm just like simmering away with annoyance but on the odd occasion I will call a driver turd face when they do something stupid hehehhe

The.  Light.  Is.  Green.  When the light is green and people just sit there chatting away and the traffic is backed up and I'm there with people behind me getting angry because they can't see ahead of me and assume I'm the one holding everyone up and I'm like nah man chatty car up ahead won't stop chatting and all I want to do is shout the light is green but no we have to stay calm and just wait for them to finally move!!!  I have no road rage, I swear...

USE YO DAMN INDICATORS!  It isn't that hard to flick the dial up or down.  My biggest pet peeve with driving because you're there doing what you're meant to be doing and "more experienced drivers" get annoyed because you don't have mind reading powers to know where they want to go.

This reverse parallel business isn't so bad.  I don't think I've ever met a person who likes having to do reverse parallel parking.  Granted I've done them on extremely quiet streets where I had maybe one car go past so I didn't have to deal with a heap of other drivers but I found the actual movements of reverse parallel parking fun.  Yes I said reverse parallel parking was fun, but I reckon I'll change my views on it when I have to do them in a more hectic place hahah

Driving is fun hey hahahahha

I think deep down we all have a bit of road rage hahahha some are just louder than others ;) 

Let me know what goes through your head when you're driving!

Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx 

PS!  Come and say hello!!! :) x

6 comments:

  1. People who don't indicate really annoy me. Sometimes people are honking their horn at me because I've stopped at a roundabout because I don't know where another car is going and I don't want them to crash into me! So annoying!!

    I've also swerved a couple of times because of birds! I don't want to hit them :(

    John | Shout John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had a car honk their horn at me thankfully hahah Em xx

      Delete
  2. This made me laugh SO much this morning!! I think all of these things while driving and I've been driving for a few years now! It's not one of my favourite things but I manage! :p
    Great post!

    Kelly xx
    www.theblossomtwins.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww yay! I'm glad you had a chuckle :) Em xx

      Delete
  3. Yay! These are all the same thoughts I have whilst driving (I've only been driving for 11 months!) I hate people who don't use their indicators, then seem annoyed because you've cut them up because THEY WEREN'T FREAKING INDICATING!!!!!! I am a massive road rage sufferer - the air in my car is usually blue. Hehe. x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl I feel you! It's so incredibly frustrating!!! Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx