Wednesday, 26 July 2017

My 5 Favourite Podcasts

The Podcast app is one I only started using after my brother mentioned it to me and also when Tyler Oakley started his own Podcast.  I never thought I’d be massively into podcasts and I’ve only really touched the surface on the podcasts are out there but it’s always good to just dip your toes in instead of diving straight in and getting swamped.

I do listen to podcast episodes on and off but I have 5 which I am subscribed too and you’re going to get to hear all about them!  So in no particular order other than how they’re appeared in the app….




At Home With…  This is my most recent podcast that I’ve subscribed too and it’s by two lifestyle content creators on the internet that you would probably know, Lily from Lily Pebbles and Anna from The Anna Edit.  When they said they’d be doing a podcast, I didn’t know what to expect.  I really enjoy watching and reading both of their YouTube channels and blogs so was curious to see how this would work for them.  I’m naturally a nosy person and their podcast takes you into the homes of individuals that they admire, taken a tour of their home and they talk all about it and if you're a lover of interior and like me being a nosy person you're going to love this.  They're interviewed some amazing people, my favourite episodes would have had to be Giovana Fletcher and Zoella but it was also nice to be introduced to some people that I'd never heard of before!

Hamish & Andy.  If you’re from Australia you would be familiar with their names.  Hamish & Andy are an iconic duo who have dominated (yeah I’ll keep that word in hahah) the radio stations for 10 years I believe it is and this podcast is essentially their radio show.  Minus the music and ads you get on the radio.  The only time I listen to the radio is when I’m in the car or if I’m listening to it on my radio app I have on my phone and for times when I don’t have any wifi, it’s nice to have this playing.  Hamish and Andy are hilarious!  Easily my favourite radio station and it’ll be sad when this year ends as they’re finishing their radio broadcasting this year :(





Not Too Deep with Grace Helbig.  Hosted by the internet superstar that is Grace Helbig, as the name of the podcast suggests, this podcast interviews a range of YouTubers and nothing is too deep to talk about haha!  Being a person who loves YouTube, this podcast I love because I get to hear my favourite YouTubers as well as be introduced to so many new ones that I doubt I ever would have found.  Grace is hilarious and I have my answer for one of her all time classic questions, worst poop story using only three words...  But you're never going to find out what those words are!

Ladies Who Lunch.  Brought to you by Ingrid Nilsen and Cat Valdes, this podcast I think everyone should listen to.  I love this and can't praise it enough because they talk about topics which are usually hushed and kept under the table, and I think it's really important for a voice to be brought to so many of the topics they speak of.  Sex, relationships, social phobias and so much more, they talk about it all, and they bring their own differing opinions to the table which is refreshing.  It's all well and good to hear to people praising the same thing but I love the differing of opinions these ladies have in certain topics and it's nice to hear arguments which come from different places.  Many claps from me for this podcast!

Psychobabble with Tyler Oakley & Korey Kuhl.
  A classic!  This specific podcast is why I started using the app and I looooooove it!  Already love Tyler and Korey, and my thoughts on them and this podcast haven't changed since I mentioned them in a post I published back in 2016 called 5 Apps I Love, it's just one of those podcasts which I just can't get enough of!  It's like listening to two of your friends on some of the most hilarious topics and I can just potter around the house and listen on.  I'll even exercise listening to this and surprisingly it helps me stay moving haha


And there we have the 5 podcasts which I love to listen too!  All through this post I kept typing podcats.  Good thing for editing hahah

I can't get enough of podcasts.  While there are some days where I will just have them on in the background, study to them, fall asleep listening to them, they're also so helpful when I just need to calm down.  Yes music is great when I'm in need of calming down but listening to these podcasts, and concentrating on their voices and what they're saying does me a world of good :)

Are there any podcasts that you listen too?  Let me know and I'll lend them my ear and see what I think!! 

Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx 

PS!  Come and say hello!!! :) x

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this list! I love listening to podcast but I don't find time for them that often, so I love the idea of this app. I need it. Then I can listen to a podcast anywhere! Also, I love Grace and I'll definitely will give her podcast a go. At the moment, I'm listening to The Minimalists and Me & Orla podcasts :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you are more than welcome Leta! I haven't heard of The Minimalist or Me & Orla so I think I'll give them a listen!! Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx