Wednesday, 30 August 2017

A Goodbye To Winter

Dear Winter.

Spring is coming.  Days are going to start getting longer.  Temperature will rise.  Sun will shine more (hopefully, fingers crossed).  Flowers will bloom.  Cute as a button lambs will frollick around fields.  And I'll be sitting here wishing it snowed at my house!

Yes I could have gone up to the snow but I didn't.  Bit annoyed at that but in peak snow time, ya girl was not in any shape to go to the snow hahah


If I had a dollar for every time I said I loved the colder months I could add a new scarf to my collection.  I can't get enough of the colder months.  The food, the fashion, the weather, the pure cosiness.  Winter pjs are bliss.  I updated my winter pjs with some from Peter Alexander and my goodness they are so cosy and also so incredibly comfortable.  When I was sick I lived in these and I feel we got along really well.

One thing winter, which you have really aced is your daily golden hours.  One of my favourite times of the day is golden hour and during winter you have produced the goods.  I have sat on the edge of my bed looking out the window and watching the afternoon go by at golden hour.  Yes there was the eclipse that just happened but have you seen golden hour?  It's different every year and you won't hurt your eyes experiencing it!

Winter, you have brought some flipping fantastic new additions to my wardrobe.  Additions that I will be wearing the heck out of for years to come.  Black jeans, long woolen cardigans, woolen jumpers (many of these), a denim jacket (finally got one of these and I felt SO GREAT when I wore it last week!), and cracking out boots.  I think this winter I found my style a bit more.  I don't know if anyone would want to hear about what I've been wearing but let me know!

I won't miss you of a Thursday morning because for whatever reason you were more freezing on this morning and I would always forget my gloves and I'd be holding my clarinet and laptop so couldn't use pockets and it was COLD!  Why did you have to be cold on the morning I had to catch the bus winter?  That wasn't cool!

Until next year winter.

And to my lovely readers,

Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx 

PS!  Come and say hello!!! :) x

2 comments:

  1. yep, i am a winter baby too! i've always preferred getting cosy and snug inside to hot summer days. the only thing i dislike is such dark mornings...it makes getting up to go the gym SO much harder!!

    katie. xx lacoconoire.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Fellow winter baby!!! I'm the same, some mornings it's way too dark for my liking and I just love it when the morning sun finally makes an appearance!! Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx