Friday, 1 September 2017

August Top Five

It feels weird writing one of these.  It wasn't that long ago really when my July Top Five was published but I'm 100% blaming the flu for that hahah

But I love writing these posts.  They're like my monthly favourites post expect I'm not calling them that!  I love sharing what I have been loving over the past month and I didn't want to miss out on letting you lovely folk know about everything!



Dua Lipa.  Can't get enough of this gal!  I can't remember when I first heard Be The One but I was hooked with that one tune.  I'd pull out this weird dance move which went with the music and it's just one of those awesome songs where you can't not move around!  I was very late to the party with having a look at her New Rules music video and I wanted to clap when it was over.  It was such a coo concept, simple, not in your face and SHE WALKS ON WATER.  No I am not lying, watch the video and you'll see!  I'm currently listening to an acoustic version of Scared To Be Lonely and I am in awe!  It's a beaut song either version and if you haven't listened to it, you've gotta.  You just have to let your ears hear this!

Frankie Magazine.  I have loved Frankie Magazine for years.  While I don't purchase a great deal of magazines, this one is one of the few that I will always pick up.  The Frankie Magazine isn't a glossy magazine, it's got a nice matte finish to start with - and the designer in me is like YES!  Some would say the magazine is an alternative magazine and "trendy" people buy it to be "different" but I wouldn't say I'm trendy and I buy it because I like the content, I also appreciate the design of the magazine.  Design person, always thinking about the design of everything!  You can expect everything from design, art, photography to fashion, travel, music, craft, home and life and so much more in the pages of this magazine.  They bring out calendars and diary's and they are the cutest things and I loved mine when I had it a few years ago!  And in each issue of the magazine, you get a poster and they are so sweet! Their September/October had one specific thing in it which made me tear up.  It's a poem from a 98 year old called Bill, and I think everyone needs to hear this:

Smiling is infectious,
you catch it like the flu,
When someone smiled at me today,
I started smiling too.

I passed around the corner
and someone saw my grin.
When he smiled I realised
I'd passed it on to him.

I thought about that smile,
then realised it's worth.
A single smile, just like mine
could travel round the earth.

So, if you feel a smile begin,
don't leave it undetected.
Let's start an epidemic quick,
and get the world infected!

If there was anything to be infected by, I think a smile is the best thing.  💚


Black jeans.  I haven't owned a pair of black jeans since I was in high school.  College maybe.  And that was many many (many) years ago.  I think it's pretty right to say that a staple piece of clothing in pretty much everyone's wardrobe would be a pair of black jeans.  Well I can now say that I have a pair of black jeans which have comfortably made themselves in my wardrobe.  I'm the type of person who wears the heck out of items of clothing.  So I was wearing constantly two pairs of jeans.  But I got desperately wanted a pair of full length black jeans and after an interesting shopping experience, I've got an awesome pair and I love them!

Percussion.  I play the clarinet.  I've played the clarinet for a huge portion of my life.  Fun fact though, when I was picking which instrument I wanted to play back in primary school, I wanted to play percussion.  Might have been because you got a bag to put all your sticks in but it was what I initially wanted to play.  For a few reasons, I'm not required to play clarinet at some competitions which are fast approaching but I am so incredibly excited because I'm playing in the percussion section!!!  Genuinely it is such an awesome change to clarinet and I'm having to much fun!  One piece I'm playing bells (and they stick out so much), another piece I'm covering tambourine, scraping a cymbal with coin and also playing the highly technical triangle, and probably what I'm most excited about is the other piece I'm playing timpani.  Goals.  Life wish ticked off.  I've got a solo on timp and also at the end of the piece I get to make a lot of noise and damn I am so happy!  I still love clarinet, but I am so happy I get to play in the percussion section!


Being creative.  I am a creative person.  I set up this blog as an outlet for me to express feelings but also my creativity.  When I was at university I was studying a degree within the creative industry and now I'm back studying design right back in the creative industry.  I think I now know where I want my future to be and that's in the creative industry.  I love design and I love being creative.  Yes I was sick a lot in August but I was right in the swing of being creative with me being a design student again.  I adore coming up with ideas, working through them and seeing sketches becoming a reality.  We had an assessment where we had to create a design solution for a coffee shop.  We needed to produce a logo and shop front and I had so much fun!  I was so proud of the end product and kind of wish it could be a real coffee shop because I would get warm beverages from there!  Being creative is a happy place for me and I can't get enough of it!

It feels so great being back on my blog and typing away.  I hope I'll be able to keep it up and not had a hugely quiet period!

What have you been loving in July?  Let me know!

Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx 

PS!  Come and say hello!!! :) x

4 comments:

  1. I love black jeans, but the only pair I own are a nightmare for attracting all the dust, cat hair and fluff! I have to lint roller myself every time I go out. Being creative is the best, too! x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get myself a lint roller as well! Fluff is such a pain!! Em xx

      Delete
  2. YASSS girl, dua lipa! i've been listening to her all morning, her album is the shit! ♥♥

    katie. xx lacoconoire.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right??! Such an awesome artist! I love her :) Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx